Thursday, December 24, 2009

Best Ever Mashed Potatoes of your Life!


Merry Christmas Eve!


I can remember counting down the hours til' Christmas morning & even taking NyQuil (yes ma'am!) to help me sleep because I was always to excited to fall asleep. Luckily & unfortunately I sleep just fine the night before Christmas these days, partly because I work on Christmas Eve. (oh the joy of retail!) & I guess that's just what happens as we age. Work shouldn't be to bad today, so I can't complain. This year we are actually celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve so that we will all be able to be together. Since I am working my sister in law is taking over the cooking this year. All I made was the cake (red velvet, mmm my favorite!) & the best ever mashed potatoes you've ever had. No, I am serious, these are the BEST EVER. One of the best things about these mashed potatoes is the fact that you can make them ahead of time, you can even freeze them until you need to bake them off. Think twice baked baked potatoes, but alot less work and a billion times better! There is cream cheese, butter, and sour cream mixed right in, you don't even have to add butter, salt, or pepper to these bad boys. I am telling ya! They are the best ever! Haha, ok now that I beat that into the ground, get to mashing!

via Ezra Pound Cake

The best thing about these mashed potatoes is that they got me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer! While making the mash this past Thanksgiving, my Grandma B didn't like how my little ol' hand mixer struggled with mixing the potatoes, so she took me to Kohl's to pick one out. Not only are they the best mashed potatoes ever but this was the best gift EVER! (& thanks to Kohl's for Senior Day discounts)

I know it's Christmas Eve but you still have time to run to store & make these for your Christmas dinner! Merry Christmas Eve!

*All photos via/copyright their respective blogs*

---------------
Now Playing: New Found Glory - "Better Off Dead"

No comments:

Post a Comment