Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I look like Joan, right?!



Have I ever told you how much I love, I mean LOVE Christina Hendricks?! Sure, maybe you've seen her on my facebook, or in my twitter feed but I LOVE her. My self image hasn't always been the greatest, and with very few role models it's sometimes hard to picture yourself beautiful when nothing around you looks like you. & God, if someone else tells me "Well you know Queen Latifa is big & beautiful" I might as well shoot myself if that's what I have to look up too! (no offense if you have some crazy obsession for her, just not my thing)



I sometimes wonder if it's Christina herself or her character on Mad Men (which is amazing in general) that I like so much, but I figure it doesn't matter. I never had a celebrity or famous female to admire as a kid, matter a fact I hated them because I felt I wasn't up to par. But I've put my junior high sadness behind me & have fallen in love. One time had a customer tell me I looked her. I nearly died, and gave her a hug. I'm sure it was just the fact that I have red hair and red lipstick on but that moment is going down in my top 10.



Just thought you should know. Oh, and you should watch Mad Men, I was totally born in the wrong decade. (oops there I go wishing I was someone else again, dammit I gotta stop that!)

xo bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment