Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Standing On My Head

My manager at work yesterday asked me if I was coming to the kit building getting together on Sunday. I had to decline and my co-worker then proceeded to ask me what I was doing. DUH! NHL All-Star Weekend! This isn't a hockey blog, but over the past few years I have become quite the fan, so I'm sorry Hampton, this may come up from time to time.


There is a whole weekend of events going on, and I couldn't be more excited! They are doing things a little different this year. Friday they are having an All-Star Fantasy Draft, where the players get to pick each other (playground style), it will be interesting to see who picks who. Then on Saturday its the Super Skills Competition, which is always exciting to watch. I'm very curious to see the show Ovechkin is sure to put on. And then of course there is the All-Star Game on Sunday night! There is no better reason that I can think of to have a get together! We will have to dvr the shows Friday and Saturday, but that makes for an all day watching extravaganza on Sunday. So I'm sorry boss, I won't be able to make it to the kit building class this weekend.

Crosby & Malkin won't be at the game because of injury but I gotta shout out to my Penguins!

Taylor Hall of the Edmonton Oilers

Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks

Bobby Ryan (Jersey's Own!) of the Anaheim Ducks

& of course Alex Ovechkin, always a show!

I figure since I'll be making dinner I have to have dessert. And since Grandma B will be hangout all day, I'm enlisting her to help me make some Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Mmmm I can't wait.




xo bekah

2 comments: