Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh Spring Time!

Ah, the beautiful thing about daylight savings is that it's almost 6pm and the sun is still shining. I know I say it alot, but it makes such a difference. I hate getting to work at 9am with the sun shining bright, only to leave when the moon is rising at 6pm. You really miss the days. So even though I probably could've used that extra hour of sleep last night (staying out til 6am didn't help) I'm happy writing this at 5:45pm and seeing blue skies, with rays of sunshine. (aww how sweet!)

My birthday was pretty chill, but a good one all around. Grandma B did a shot of Jameson with me, and Pete got me some much needed work out shoes. I ended up making the Texas Sheet Cake for the actual day and then this past weekend I made the Dulce de Leche Cupcakes for my friends at work. I was presently surprised when Mari made some cupcakes for me as well this weekend! Not only were they delicious, but it was so sweet of her to do that! I have a great crew at MAC.

Apparently it was quite the process to find the yellow & black Crosby ZigTech's but Pete did it! It was truly a surprise because generally we don't do gifts. They are pretty bad ass and anything having to do with Crosby (or hockey in general) is right up my ally!

The Dulce de Leche Cupcakes turned out super sweet and super fluffy! I must've eaten probably 10 of them, but hey! it was my birthday and now I have the new shoes to burn them off! No judgment.

& doesn't this meatball sub from Smitten Kitchen look amazing?! I'm not big on meatball subs but this one just made my mouth water. I think I'm gonna makes these up tomorrow since I have no class this week, thank you spring break!

After getting home at 6am this morning, it's been nice enjoying the lazy, sunny Sunday! Penguins won! (although at the price of my Oilers) and I have no class or work tomorrow. Who could complain?!

xo bekah


ps. yes, you read that right, Grandma B did a shot of Jameson on my bday. She is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. did you make that meatball sub? christy has a pretty good meatball recipe that i have used a few times. i had leftover meatballs this past time, so i crumbled them up to use in a mini lasagna that is currently in my freezer waiting to be baked. you know, on a day when you don't really feel like making dinner, yet have an hour-plus to wait for it to cook. . . i am still waiting for that day, so i'll let ya know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah they turned out pretty good. i used the leftovers in spaghetti for work.

    christy cooks?!

    ReplyDelete