Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tomato, Tomatoe

I really should be studying, but instead I researched how to grow tomatoes. Not the studying I paid to do, but I'll get to that eventually. I'm sure I've mentioned to you before that I wanted to grow tomatoes. I've talked about it at least with myself for the past few years and I think 2011 is going to be the year. We have a nice balcony that we never use but always talk about using. It's always in the sun, and from what I read, it would be perfect for growing tomatoes. I've even talked about this with a few customers that are gardeners and they agree. So that is my plan. Grow tomatoes this summer!

I'm hoping to maybe make my own sauce?! Or at least have some fun snacks to take to work and be able to say, I grew these mother fucker! Okay, maybe no f bombs, but still, how cool would that be?!


sidenote -- Reading Lake Jane (haha I love her!) she had this great birthday post that I am sure you could identify with about getting older (not because you'll be 30, but just because its true). These few words have stuck with me the past few days. Not sure why, but they make me feel good.

"Obviously, as you grow up, you come to realize that you never really have that moment where you feel like a proper grown-up. I think you always sort of feel like your 14 year old self (or a younger version of yourself anyways)."


bekah xo

1 comment:

  1. Mmm tomatoes! Love them. I've heard that the first year isn't always great, but you'll get some, and if you let a couple of the late season ones ripen til they fall off the vine and rot, the seeds and stuff from those will be really good for the next years crop. But maybe considering how I just posted that I prefer felt plants, I am not the best person to take gardening advice from. :)

    ReplyDelete