Thursday, February 17, 2011

and we already know how it will end...

Your (Bekah's) music post a few weeks ago got me to thinking (and that's pretty much never good). Here's the thing- I think we still have pretty similar taste in music- we just don't talk about it as often, because we both just got busy with life for a while there, and when we do talk, we have so many other things to talk about!

I bought concert tickets tonight for the Devotchka show coming to the Granada Theater here in Dallas. Telegraph Canyon is opening for them, and I'm pretty excited about that too. They are a local band (from funkytown actually) and they have an Arcade Fire-esque thing going. Do you know the band Devotchka? They are weird, but in a fun way. Have you ever seen Little Miss Sunshine? If you haven't, get Pete to download it  acquire it legally asap! I actually still have Jared's DVD of it from when we were roomies. Anyway, most of the songs on the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack are by Devotchka, and this one called "How it Ends" plays in the background of this one joyous crazy scene towards of the movie. Aww man, it's great. Listen:




This one is really good too, but it is OMG SO SAD. It's a love song for his dead wife. I am not sure if it is an actual dead wife or (hopefully) a fictional dead wife, but either way, the song is fantastic if you can turn of your heart for a few minutes. Luckily, my computer is going on 8 years old now and the video card doesn't get along so well with youtube... so i only see every third or fourth frame of the video, and I can listen to this tragically beautiful love song while without really seeing a funeral happening.



I'm super excited for this show. I haven't really found consistent concert buddies (at least not ones that consistently want to go to the same shows that I do) around these parts since you moved, but I have a couple of lovely ladies in ATX that I think would be willing to play the part if the boy and I end up down there in a few years (fingers crossed!!)

Anyway, listen and enjoy!!

xo
hampton

3 comments: