Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pumpkin & Lidstrom

In keeping with the pumpkin cooking theme, as promised Grandma B & I baked Pumpkin Whoopie Pies for the NHL All-Star Game. They were fun to make, & super tasty! Not overly sweet, a good balance between the spicy pumpkin cookie & sugary cream cheese frosting. I use to be afraid of pumpkin but now I can't get enough. (I have a similar affection towards mustard, but that's another post!) I would recommend that you make these the day of, and maybe this was just me, but they didn't hold up to well the next day. I guess when you make 30 plus pies & only have 4 people over, some aren't going to be consumed. But over all very delicious & I can't wait to try some other recipes!


I kinda like how they ended up looking like burgers. Mmmmm! & I was happy Team Lidstrom won the game. A very lovely Sunday indeed. Next up, my "step-mother" Glenda's Red Velvet Cake for Super Bowl Sunday at Kenny & Liz's. ( I really like them! )

xo bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment