Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tiramisu Cupakes

I really should be studying! I have so much do, so what do I do? I jump on my computer, fully knowing I will probably get caught up in the blogging world. I was slipping there for a bit, but I am back on track now. Then it's off to getting stuff done, and most importantly studying. I swear.

My manager Juanita is coming back to our counter this week and since I am excited about that & her birthday is in February, I'm celebrating by making her some cupcakes! Not only is she the best secret santa-er, she also always tells it how it is, & I appreciate that. "Bek, these cupcakes are good but a little dry." Ha! I know that seems alittle under handed but it's good when people are honest, it only makes us better, right? We have had many conversations about desserts & I know how she likes tiramisu (probably just as much as me), so you guessed it! I'm gonna make her tiramisu cupcakes.

What I like about this recipe, and blog post for that matter, is that there are great pictures for instructions & it calls for box cake mix. I know, I know, but I am no elitist when it comes to baking so if I find a good recipe, I'm gonna go with it. Besides, I'm going to be making these bad boys at like 11pm on Friday night, I need a time saver. They look amazing, & I'm super excited to make them for her. I'll let you know how it turns out.

xo bekah

2 comments:

  1. is juanita the one who told you to get a haircut? haha i had a dream the other night that i told you to get a hair cut and you got pissed!

    i think box cake mix is an awesome time saver, and it's reliable. i made brownies from scratch one time and i wasn't entirely impressed, although it is likely because i was supposed to MELT actual chocolate over the double boiler, not hershey's cocoa powder... but that didn't occur to me until after the fact. nathan and i still went through that pan of brownies in 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no, that was liana, grrr! still haven't gotten my hair cut!

    yeah, nothing wrong with a box from time to time. these bad boys turned out pretty bad ass, everyone loved them. i was alittle nervous and mine didn't turn out as pretty as the ones in the pictures. but hey! they ate them and juanita loved it. suppose that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete