Monday, February 28, 2011

....in bed.

It's late but I felt the need to get a blog in before bed.

tumblr_laau8xJ30W1qd9lrdo1_400_large

I save fortune cookie fortunes. (You probably already know that.) I was looking for a higher resolution file of this picture here so that I could print it out for a project, and in my search ran across the one above. I dig this one too. I had this idea one time (idea-stealers of the interwebs, stop reading now please) to do a series of drawings, depicting whatever the fortune cookie talks about, but it happening (wait for it) in bed. Like, for this fortune, it'd be something like a girl with her surfboard surfing the waves of her comforter. I'm not sure that this idea translates as well verbally as I think it would visually. Also, it's after midnight, so if this post doesn't make sense there could be a number of reasons. Anyway. I tried to make my own fortune cookies one time. They didn't work out too well, but maybe it's because I wasn't using this recipe from Craft zine- I think may try again.


:

I might make some for Jared.

Fortune_cookie_by_Alephunky_large

Can you imagine opening your fortune cookie and getting this fortune?!?! This picture cracked my shit up.

all pics are from weheartit. i'm too lazy to link tonight, i'm tired. goodnight friend, and goodnight world. see you tomorrow.

love, hampton

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha i laughed so hard when i saw that. pete was like what?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh & i think you should make some for jared. he'd definitely get a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete