Tuesday, February 15, 2011

random radness

I feel like I've been slacking a little on the blog, but jeez I'm tired! Nathan and I went down to Austin this weekend and the trip was lovely, but I'm still in a state of recovery, adjusting to being back in the real world. I need to step up my blogging game though, so here are a few quick fun things.

the heart plate

Nathan's dad gave us a Dremel (for no particular reason, other than because Dremels are awesome, and Marv is awesome, and he heard me say that I needed to give back the one I'd been borrowing from my dad). This looks like a fun inaugural project, right? This plate carving (is that what you'd call that?) is by CJ O'Neil, an artist from the UK.

il_fullxfull.135407747

Or maybe I should start on something like this silhouette from icklebird on etsy. It looks a little more forgiving for my skill level.

il_570xN.122391343

Also, while we are spending time on etsy, I really like these earrings. These birds are very Charley Harper-esque. Charley Harper the illustrator, not Charlie Harper the character on Two and a Half Men (who, let's face it, is really just Charlie Sheen playing himself).

And with that, I bid you goodnight, internet!

xoxo
hampton

2 comments:

  1. i have no clue what a dremel is but when i have children, can you make silhouettes of their heads out of plates with one?! kthxbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get pregnant. i can make silhouettes of the cats heads if you like??

    ReplyDelete