Friday, February 4, 2011

more blog love

I also think you should check out the blog  Aunt Peaches. My friend Wendy sent me this link because she thought I'd like the craft tutorials Ms. Peaches posts. And I do. But I also like her style of writing. A lot of times if I'm checking my blog reader and I come across a long-winded post, I'll skip it, but I don't skip hers. My first favorite post of hers was around Christmas time, when she talked about making nativity scenes from old toys. It reminded me of my nativities up on Etsy, but hers has a sweet story behind it, whereas mine was just 'oh that'd be a cool idea... I bet I could sell those!' And then there was this lovely post when she talked about attending a Swiss cow parade, and also included a thematic craft tutorial. It's a lovely narrative, with a crafty payoff at the end.

Lola+the+show+cat
photo by aunt peaches

Also, she has a cat, and she makes her wear hats. Gunther would never wear hats for me. But then, Gunther was an asshole, so there's that.

1 comment:

  1. super crazy cute! i need to craft more often. i say that all to often

    ReplyDelete