Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies

Every Christmas I make cookies for my family members for a couple of different reasons.

a. I like to bake.
b. Everyone seems to get a kick out of it.
c. It is a budget conscience way for me to give gifts to the people I love.

Unfortunately, my sister's batch got lost in the mail, & she didn't get them until a month after Christmas. In the post office's defense, my sister at the time didn't have a mail box, and so they had no way to leave her the cookies. So, I was kind of bummed that my nephews didn't get their Christmas cookies, so to make up for it, I am sending them Valentine's Day cookies! I figure its fair, and when you're just a kid Valentine's Day actually means something.

I saw these super cute Valentine stickers on Design Sponge, which gave me the inspiration to do something for my nephews. If I knew that the fruit wouldn't get tossed around among my nephews, I would send it, but I think for kids under the age of 15, cookies would suit them better. That doesn't mean you can't do it though! (you like fruit!)

I also owe my folks back home some cookies, so I am gonna get it all done in one shot. Here is my line up ...
Oatmeal Raisin, my Dad's favorite. This recipe is great & always a big hit, but no one is surprise considering where I got the recipe.

Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich cookies, my Mom loves Oreo's so I wanted to try my hand at some homemade ones. She also loves peppermint, so this is a perfect match.

& lastly, April's Ever Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. You seriously can NOT find a better chocolate chip recipe. Soft & chewy, they're just perfect.

What are you up to for Valentine's Day?!


xo bekah

2 comments:

  1. homemade oreos are the best! i make them alot and have played with the flavors & colors for the cream filling a couple times. I hope you and yours love them as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a recipe?! i'd love to try it! i need to email your cream cheese icing recipe!

    ReplyDelete